Friday, March 2, 2012

5 yrs Wedding Photography


So I am getting more emails about Weddings. Price. Bookings. I was thinking to myself, "How long have I been doing this?"
 Wow 5 years, this year. I started in 2008. The first wedding I did was for a friend. Its funny but she asked me to do them, and I never considered wedding photography. Not at that time. Its a big step. A big job. I was only taking Senior, Family, Children, and landscape. This was all taking with film until 2008! Which I did end up getting a Nikon DSLR Camera. But I didn't want to take a risk with a Wedding using my Minolta Film camera.  She asked me how much I would charge. Umm, NOTHING! ;) First off, my husband (bf at the time) was IN the Wedding. Second, I have never shot a Wedding before. 3rd, I have never shot a wedding before....
I definitely would never take any money from anyone shooting my first wedding (for me). I did it, and had fun. It was just so exciting to capture such an amazing milestone in a persons life. She love the photos. I had many people ask me that year.





More about me
So rewind, I have been taking Portraits and landscapes and just everything and anything in 2002. It started in my 11th grade Photography Class with Mrs Smith!! Then I did it again in 12th. When I graduated I just still continued taking photographs. Everything and anything. (best way to learn) I took some senior photos for friends that year in 2002. Then word of mouth...love that kind of talk, spreads so fast. I don't think I really stopped taking photos. When I worked full time after I graduated. I had coworkers ask me to take photos. I wanted to do it for a living. But never really thought of it. I just did it for extra money. I did check out Photography Schools in Rockport and Portland. But I just couldn't afford it. Rockport was outta my $$$ range. I do wish I went to Portland when I was younger. That would have been great knowledge and experience.
But I think of the people I have worked with in the past. They are the best and I am so grateful to get the experience from each one of them. I would not trade that, for the world. I would have missed all of the people I have met and shot if I did go. So I am grateful.

I became a business in 2010. Which now I am learning so much stuff in the Business area. Headache sometimes.  Business part of it takes alot of your time.
I think photography and about Lisa Lynn Photos from when I wake up to when I go to bed. {My kids are first of course. I am lucky to be home with them.}I usually have a note book near me. Just in case of an idea.
I am in the process of working on my studio. Cleaning it is the first step. I am super excited about! I have a blog about that. Read!
"Love my job!" I say this alot. I am very proud of what I have become and what I will learn and do in the future!
I always think of this quote below whenever I get in a funk.
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming." -Finding Nemo
Oh yes, I did just quote Finding Nemo.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment